Frequently Asked Questions

Buses aren't running. How do I get a refund?

GGAM is a volunteer-led non-profit organization, and any funds remaining at the end of the school year are refunded to parents.

The refund is issued after the end of the school year, typically issued by December.

I missed the bus, can we go to the next stop for pickup?

No, for safety reasons, do not chase the bus with your vehicle under any circumstances. Doing so may result in the loss of bus privileges.

Do you know what the stops are for next year?

No, we are unable to provide this specific information until mid-July. In general, the bus start times vary from anywhere between 6:30 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. for arrival at school by 8:05 a.m. If there are more students in one area, the stops would be designed to have students picked up at a central location and within 1 km walking distance from their residence.

Can I enrol for a one-way transportation only and pay a reduced fee?

No, we do not provide this option. The cost of transportation is based on a return trip.

Am I entitled to a discount if I have more than one child in the bussing program? 

No, the fees are calculated based on total bus cost divided by the total number of riders.

Will my deposit be returned if my son/daughter is not accepted into the IBT program?

Yes, you will receive a full refund if your son/daughter is not accepted in the IBT program and you must inform us as soon as possible of this situation.

When can I withdraw from the bussing program to get a full refund?

You must withdraw before June 30, before school begins for the year. After June 30, there are no refunds provided.

What if I move during the school year?

If you move during the school year, we attempt to place your son/daughter on an existing route and at an existing bus stop, on a bus that has room. There is no guarantee that you will have transportation. There is no refund issued if we are unable to provide you transportation for the balance of the year. There is an administration fee of $50 for a change of address request that must be received prior to arrangements being made.

What if my son/daughter decides not to pursue the IBT program any longer?

The expectation is that the student stay in the IBT program for the entire year and bussing is secured for the student on the same presumption. There are no refunds issued after June 30, before the school year starts. There are no exceptions to this rule.

How do I sign up for bussing?

The online bussing application form is available on the Information page.  Complete the form, and after it has been submitted you will receive an email confirming your registration, and further instructions will be sent to you via email. Registration closes May 15th.

Do you have bussing in Brampton? Mississauga?

The current bussing area is limited to within the IBT boundary for Allan A. Martin Senior Public School.

We are waiting at the bus stop and the bus seems to be late, who do I call?

Call First Student at 905-270-0561. Tell them which route and stop you are on and they will tell you if the bus is late (bus could be late because of traffic, it broke down, or had other problems). The phone number or route number can also be found on your bus pass.

What if sometimes my son/daughter needs to stay late at school for some activities?

Parents are responsible for the transportation of their son/daughter if there are activities before or after school.

Will the bus come into my housing complex?

Buses do not go into housing complexes as the streets are generally very narrow. 

Can I ride the bus with my child on the first day of school or any other day?

No, only registered students are allowed to ride the bus. Our routes are typically loaded to near capacity and there is no room for additional riders.